[Rant Ends Here]

Sunday, May 3, 2009

05/03/09 4:47 PM EST

Florida Sucks!

So I'm at the theatre, where we're wrapping up our stay in Tampa, and thus Florida, at least for awhile. Some of the cities I've visited down here have been alright, The Ft. Meyers Crew was great, they really knew their shit, and the entire week there was a breeze. West Palm had a beautiful beach, but that pretty much does it for the state. After load out (Which is delayed because we "have" to take a 30 minute break after the show for some ungodly reason), it'll be back to the hotel for 5 hours of sleep before we fly to Memphis for the next leg. I am excited for Memphis for a number of reasons: 1) is that Mike will be there, and I haven't seen him for a couple of years at this point, 2) is Beale st, and the blues and BBQ therein, 3) is that it'll be my birthday on Thursday, so I am excited by that, and also because I have no idea what Kate's gotten me for said birthday. I have no idea what the theatre there will be like, but I'm not so worried about that as I should be.

Tampa, by the way, is the Detroit of Florida. Our hotel defines the word "Busted". I had the worst delivery pizza in the world a couple of days ago, but they actually take the title of best pizza in Tampa, because the other restaurant I tried to order from never even showed up. Needless to say I won't find myself missing this city any time soon.

So that's about it, I'm anxious to get on to the next place and see what it has in store for me. The tour is going well, I'm continuing to learn things, which is good. This week was proper Clear-Com termination and balancing, which I figured out because our wireless com freaked the fuck out during the opening performance. Luckily I have it sorted, and can prevent it happening again in future, but the thought of com squalling out of control shall paint a harrowing memory in my mind for a while to come.

My next layoff is the last week of June through the first week of July. I'll be Knoxville-bound from Chicago, and will be down for much relaxation and hanging out. I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys again (and those of you on the west coast I'll see when I come back, for we'll be in L.A. mid-July.) though I do wish that Kate could come too, since most of you have yet to meet her, and she's real purty...

That really is about it for now, Touring life is a repetitive thing, so it's usually a "more of the same" type scenario. But I'll keep you guys posted on anything nifty along the way.

Take care.

No comments:

[Rant Begins Here]